Washing your face every day is an easy way of enhancing your skin, but it’s important to know how to do it correctly to avoid inflammation and dryness. Doesn’t matter if you have acne, dry or delicate skin. Yoram Yasur: with these 7 steps for washing your face, you are on the way of having a healthier skin and glow on your face.
- Step 1: Wash your face with warm water and a soft cleaner, and then dry it with a clean towel. Warm water is important, because using hot or cold water could be abrasive for your skin. Also avoid at all costs using hand or body soap to clean your face. Your face skin is more sensible that the skin in the rest of your body, so this soaps can also be abrasive to it.
- Step 2: Exfoliate your skin. Apply a toner or an astringent and wait for it to be completely dry. This is going to be great for you if you have greasy skin and to eliminate any dirt and dead cells. It is not recommended to do this step every day, because you don’t want to eliminate all the nutrients in your skin or irritate it. Do it 2 or 3 times a week for fresh and radiant skin.
- Step 3: If needed and recommended by your doctor, apply a topical medication. This can be, for example, a treatment against acne.
- Step 4: Apply a treatment for the contouring of your eyes and let it dry. This helps against the loss of collagen.
- Step 5: Apply moisturizer, since having an extra dry skin is actually going to make your face produce more grease. Applying the moisturizer last helps seal all the active ingredients that you might have applied before, so it makes the products more effective for repairing your skin. Apply it with circular movements, and keep massaging until every area of your face is covered with a small amount.
- Step 6: Apply sunscreen with at least a 30 SPF to protect your skin from damaging UV rays.
- Step 7: Apply a liquid makeup base or primer, and go on with your regular makeup routine.
Extra tips: Yoram Yasur: Change your pillow case once a week and use a clean towel daily to avoid contaminating your skin (Additional information: Yoram Yasur). The hair products with oil and silicones can block your pores if they get into your face. Make sure to avoid spraying your face when you put on perfume.