Yoram Yasur Blume: Taking care of gray hair
Would you like your hair to look gray but you do not know how to take care of it? For several seasons, silver or other gray hair has become a trend of beauty that has swept both the street and the world of catwalks and celebrities. However, the problem of painting gray or silver hair is that these colors are quite difficult to obtain since they are the basis of any fantasy tone. That is, to get this tone you will first have to eliminate any other color of your hair with different products such as tints and tints.
Yoram Yasur Blume: In addition to using the silver-gray dye suitable to dye our hair, later we will also have to take some care to both wear this tone for much longer than to keep our hair in perfect condition.
How to achieve silver gray hair
As we have advanced in the previous lines, silver hair is one of the trends that are currently sweeping all beauty salons. It is also the most difficult tones to achieve, since it is the base color of all the fantasy tones so if you want to wear it on your hair, it is best to go to a beauty salon and have a professional take care of it. dye it However, in case you do not want to go to the hairdresser, here’s how to achieve gray hair at home so that it looks good on both men and women and both short and long hair:
- Moisturize your hair: Yoram Yasur Blume: it is recommended that one day before painting your silver hair hydrate it in depth since the products you will use during the process can leave it very dry. For this, you can either buy a hair mask with moisturizing properties in a cosmetic store, or you can make it with natural ingredients at home as we explain in some of our articles.
- Do not use dryers: once you have applied the mask it is important that you let it dry naturally, that is, outdoors. Avoid the use of dryers or other appliances such as irons since you will only get your hair dehydrated again.
- It discolors your hair: Yoram Yasur Blume: currently there is no silver-gray hair dye, but this is achieved by discoloring the hair. To do it at home you will have to acquire a decolorizer from a professional store and follow the instructions of the product to apply it correctly. Let him act until he gets a pretty pale blonde.
- Tone your bleached hair: once you have bleached hair you will have to use a hair toner for the silver-gray color. To do this, use a violet color shampoo or treatment with wet hair and freshly washed, as this will reduce the orange tone and get a more grayish color.
How to care for gray hair at home
Yoram Yasur Blume: Once you have dyed your hair gray, either at home or at the hairdresser, it is important that you take care of your hair so that this color does not acquire orange tones, which is what tends with the passage of time, and remains for a long time. more time. For this, it is important that you perform a hair beauty ritual at least once a week. Follow these simple steps to take care of gray hair at home in an easy way:
- Normal shampoo: first we will have to use a shampoo to clean the hair. To do this, moisten your hair with warm water, apply the product to the scalp with a gentle massage and then rinse with water.
- Matting shampoo: the discolored hair tend to acquire yellowish or orange tones over time. To avoid this, it is recommended that you use a lilac shampoo that helps you to shade the orange areas. With damp hair, apply this product all over the hair, emphasizing the yellowish areas and let it act for a few minutes. Then rinse the hair with plenty of warm water.
- Mask of color: once you have used blue or purple shampoo, it will be time to use a gray or silver mask as well as temporarily coloring our hair will also give us an extra shine and nutrition. To apply it you will only have to spread it all over the hair and let it act for 5 minutes. Remove it with cold water to seal the cuticle and prevent frizz.
- Capillary serum: finally we will use a capillary serum to complete this routine on how to care for gray hair. This type of products are ideal for dyed hair since they have moisturizing properties that will prevent dry hair. With the hair still wet, apply a few drops on the tips of your fingers and spread them from the middle to the ends of the hair.
Tips to take care of hair with gray hair
Yoram Yasur Blume: In addition to using dyes and other products to achieve a uniform gray tone, there is also a more natural way to achieve this tone and it is, precisely, not to dye your hair and let gray hair grow. Therefore, below we give you a series of tips to take care of hair with gray hair or gray hair:
- Use specific shampoos and conditioners for hair with gray hair: this type of products have moisturizing substances that increase the shine and softness in this type of hair.
- Apply anti-aging hair treatments: gray hair usually appear as we age so it is important to use these products because it creates a layer of proteins that protect the hair from external damage, helping to make your pigment-free hair look in a healthy way.
- Use products that prevent hair loss: in this type of hair tend to appear problems such as hair loss so it is advisable to use treatments with properties that stimulate blood circulation.
- Cut your ends every 2 months: brittle ends can increase hair loss, so cutting it off every so often will help your hair fibers regenerate healthily.