Yoram Yasur Blume: Does aromatherapy really work?
The technique of extracting essential oils dates back to the 10th century, but it was not until the 18th century that the first “Eau de Cologne” was distilled. Also the oils of the most aromatic plants were used for centuries as medicines, antiseptics, and natural healing.
Yoram Yasur Blume: Aromatherapy is a therapeutic discipline that uses the properties of essential oils extracted from aromatic plants for the benefit of your health and beauty. According to the defenders of this therapy, aromas get in addition to the physiological benefits to relax the senses of the person and generate a sense of peace and tranquility that predisposes the patient to its cure.
This therapy is not used as a substitute for traditional medicine, but as a complement to prepare our emotional perceptions of physical healing.
How can oils be classified?
According to the consistency that you have the oils are classified in.
- Fluids: Volatile at room temperature.
- Balsams: Thicker and less volatile.
- Oleoresins: Viscous or semi-solid with very concentrated aroma.
According to its origin the oils can be:
- Natural: They are removed from the plant itself without modifications.
- Artificial: They are mixtures and enrichment processes of the essence.
- Synthetics: Prepared by chemical synthesis processes.
According to its properties, we talk about oils:
- Floral: That fight stress, mental and emotional fatigue. They are cellular regenerators. For example chamomile, lavender, or geranium.
- Citrus: With antiseptic and detoxifying properties. Fight acne, cellulitis, or psoriasis. Orange, lemon, lime, tangerine…
- Resins: They are used for the skin because they are rejuvenating. They eliminate wrinkles and stretch marks and inflammations of the skin. For example myrrh or incense.
- Leaves: Increase vitality and awaken the desire to live improving the mood. Patchouli, mint, oregano, basil, fennel…
- Stems: With antiseptic, antispasmodic, depurative, diuretic, and relaxing properties. Rosemary, dill, cinnamon…
In addition the oils have different intensity in the aroma and that is essential when making colonies or perfumes.
Benefits for the organism
- Yoram Yasur Blume: Reduce muscular ailments: Ginger, pine, sage, cypress, spruce.
- Enhance the beauty of the skin: Tea tree, geranium, lavender, orange, chamomile.
- Stimulate the senses: Bald, pepper, cinnamon.
- Improve respiratory work: Eucalyptus, laurel, myrrh.
- Reduce anxiety and stress: Basil, citronella, valerian.
- Favor digestion: Cardamom, coriander, turmeric.
- Strengthen the defenses: Lemon, thyme, tea tree.
Yoram Yasur Blume: The modes of administration are very varied, from inhalations, body baths, orally, as infusions, within your balanced diet, bath of hands or feet, compresses, massages …
So you already know: If you want to check the benefits that aromatic oils can provide you, go to a specialized store and ask the professionals to advise you in your specific case.