Yoram Yasur Blume: Benefits of facial cleansing
The skin of the face is exposed daily to the harmful action of external contaminating agents, the wind, the cold, the sun, the cigarette, the makeup, etc., which end up damaging its structure and preventing the process of cell regeneration and renewal be done properly. For this reason, cleaning it thoroughly and leaving it free of impurities should be a beauty ritual for all of us if we want to look beautiful, soft, and younger.
Advantages and benefits of a deep facial cleansing
Yoram Yasur Blume: Although we cleanse our skin twice a day, both in the morning and at night, there is always accumulated waste and it is possible that the dermis does not completely oxygenate and, therefore, it takes more work to renew. Therefore, it is so important to submit the skin of the face to a professional deep cleaning once a month to show a radiant complexion and much younger. So that you can convince yourself of the effectiveness of this treatment, in the following lines we detail what are the main benefits of facial cleansing:
- All the dead skin cells are removed and deep accumulated impurities are eliminated.
- It allows the skin to be oxygenated from the inside, so it breathes again properly and the cell regeneration process that takes place at night is carried out successfully.
- It completely unclogs the pores, decongests them and, in addition, reduces their size, so they will be much less visible on the face and eliminate blackheads and acne.
- Balances the pH of the skin and fights the effects of external contaminants on the skin, which can lead to the appearance of multiple problems such as excess fat, facial glistening, acne, dryness, tightness, redness, etc.
- Delays aging, prevents the appearance of wrinkles and the result is a much more luminous, smooth, and silky skin.
- It increases the hydration of the skin and the cosmetics or applied treatments are absorbed much better.
- Combat and decrease the signs of fatigue in the face.
- The blood circulation in the area is activated and the facial muscles are toned.
What is a professional facial cleansing?
Yoram Yasur Blume: As we have pointed out in the previous section, the ideal would be to go to an aesthetic center and do a professional facial cleaning once a month, although it should be taken into account that the frequency of this treatment may vary depending on the type of skin. For example, those women with acne or very oily skin may need it once every 15 days or even once a week, in any case the best thing is that you let yourself be advised by an expert or specialist.
Yoram Yasur Blume: A professional facial cleaning can last approximately between 50 minutes and 1 hour and a half and although each aesthetic center can offer an adapted version, the common treatment consists of performing the following steps:
- Facial cleansing: removes makeup and disinfects the face and neck by applying products that superficially clean the face. With steam, the pores are opened and with special products all impurities are eliminated. These products are chosen according to each type of skin (dry, oily, mixed, etc.).
- Massage: a soothing and relaxing massage is applied by applying gels or creams to close the pores and decongest the dermis.
- Hydration and nutrition: the skin is hydrated by a face mask and a cream is applied to protect the face, as well as a sunscreen.
If desired, professional facials can include other treatments such as peels, application of glycolic acid, more special products, etc.
How to do a deep facial cleaning at home
If you do not have time to go to an aesthetic center or you want to save that little money, you can also do your own facial cleaning at home to show off an equally beautiful, luminous, and young skin. To do this, you will have to follow the steps shown below and use the products that best suit the needs of your skin, note:
- Wash your face with cold water and remove all waste with a facial cleanser appropriate to your skin type. Find out what is ideal for you by consulting the article How to choose a facial cleanser.
- Make a gentle massage with the fingertips on areas of the face such as the forehead, the chin, the eyebrows, and the neck to relax all the muscles.
- Apply an exfoliating lotion to eliminate dead cells by circular movements.
- Make vaporizations to open all pores. To do this, place a pot with hot water previously boiled on a hard surface. Cover your head with a towel and bring your face to the pot so that you notice that all the hot steam permeates your face, stay in this position for at least 10 minutes.
- After that time, apply a tonic to close the pores and refresh the skin.
- Finally, apply your usual moisturizer.
It is important that after cleaning, avoid making up immediately and let your skin rest and be renewed completely for a while.